Microsoft One Drive connectors leveraging SaaS API
The client had a security application business where they used to provide user-friendly cloud applications integrated with sophisticated security features. They wanted us for assistance to build a Microsoft One Drive connector leveraging SaaS APIs and their custom APIs to provide additional features to the accessed data.
- Building of reusable components that can be leveraged across various connectors
- Development of application based on Microsoft .Net/C# or Java using REST and JSON web services
- Development of unit tests and fully automated tests for the features developed
- Documentation for knowledge sharing
Client defined the required skills as well to handle this issue. They specified:
- Ability to work independently in fast-past and fluid environment
- 3+ years of experience in SaaS related software development using object oriented design and refactoring
- Domain knowledge in SAML/OAuth and other SSO technologies
- Experience with common development tools such as JIRA/BitBucket etc.
With our adept team of professionals we addressed this issue:
- Connector to expose a public REST API powered via node.js, secured by JWT Authentication and having configured support of webhooks
- Users with OneDrive business accounts could upload any file that would result in a webhook event and our node.js endpoint was called
- Post to the Webhook is called, we made the document public via this API .
- We called the Customers backend API and sent them the shared link of the document
- Customers backend processed the file and called us with a Customer public URL of the processed file
- Connector moved the original file to an "admin" only "quarantine" folder
- Connector uploaded the processed file on the users account
- Connector allowed Topeng backend API to know the work is done
- Microsoft Onedrive