An app for making calls, receiving calls, sending SMS
The client wanted to create a video streaming app like Udemy. They wanted it for both iOS and Android.
They wanted to develop programs for:
- Web-based Admin of registered uploaders, selected revenue model, price, etc.
- Video transcoding system to prepare uploaded videos for HLS streaming (through Amazon) Analytics system
For the End-users they needed programs so that the users could:
- Sign up / log in with a unique id (email, username and password, and phone number) and/or Facebook
- Reset a forgotten password
- Record/upload from a library a video taken directly from their iPhone in both portrait and landscape mode and in full resolution
- Be promoted to add certain metadata to the video like the title, description, and keywords
- Play, pause and scrub the video
- See the views of the videos
- Create and edit their profiles
- View others’ profiles
Required Admin User Features:
- View of a list of all incoming videos via a web portal and a dashboard of statistics
- View of a list of all users and their upload statistics - # of videos submitted, # of views by video, the price for each video, revenues earned, and by which revenue model
- View by the uploader to see a list of payments by revenue model and video title.
- Ability to delete video and metadata
- Ability to delete the user and all videos
- Ability to select curated videos that appear at top of the feed
Features we delivered:
- Uploading Videos and share them as Free or Paid.
- Unlimited Live- streaming sessions can be created.
- Earning per your video / live-streaming
- Creating your social network
Challenges we faced: Converting live streaming to video after the session ends and storing it in s3 bucket without compromising the video’s quality.
The solution we provided: A setup with Nginx streaming server, where we saved a copy of live stream on disk and then streamed it to user in various formats using FFmpeg.
OS app | Swift | Node API | S3 with Cloudfront media | Nginx web server | FFmpeg Tool | Php (CodeIgniter) | GVI (Google Video Intelligence) service | HaishinKit | Crashlytics | Facebook SDK | Firebase | In-App Purchase